Normal hair is shiny and needs minimum care. Use a mild shampoo. Hair grows out of follicle just below the surface of scalp. Next to follicle is a sebaceous gland that produces natural oil. This oil makes the hair look shiny. Depending on the amount of this oil, the hair is categorized as Dry , Normal, or Oily hair. The hair care depends on the hair type.
Normal hair has natural shine and body. It does not feel dry or oily and most likely; the hair has never been treated chemically. This hair needs minimum care. Short hair may be washed every day. Long hair may be washer every 3rd day.
Use very mild shampoo specially formulated for Normal hair. You may even use
For this, you will need to crush a Cucumber and a Tomato to make a paste. Apply the paste to your scalp massaging lightly and let it stay for 15 minutes. The cucumber will restore the pH level of the scalp, and tomato will add nourishments.
After 15 minutes wash away the paste and thoroughly rinse your hair with cold water till it runs clear.
How to wash hair?
There are two phases. During the first phase, shampoo is applied to cleanse the scalp, and remove the conditioner stuck to the hair. During first phase, the emphasis is on the scalp. During the second phase, you need to apply the conditioner to the hair and the scalp. During second phase, the emphasis is on the hair stems.
Use Warm water, and shampoo suitable for your hair type . Shampoo is applied twice.
- Wet your hair with warm water
- Apply shampoo to the scalp, the nape, and hairline. Use fingers to spread the shampoo around the entire scalp.
- Wash away the shampoo with warm water.
- Re-apply shampoo to the scalp area as well as the hair. Leave the shampoo on for about 2 minutes.
- Wash away all the shampoo with warm water, till water runs clear.
Use cold water, and conditioner suitable to meet your hair needs.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible by hand.
- Apply hair conditioner. Make sure that conditioner covers the hair from root to the ends.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes. Time depends on the type of hair conditioner.
- Wash away all the hair conditioner with cold water, till water runs clear.
How often should you wash your hair?
It depends on the type of hair, length of the hair, exposure of hair to the pollution, dirt etc.
- Short hair may be washed every day.
- Long oily hair should be washed every other day. (One day rest in between hair wash)
- Long normal hair may be washed every third day. (Two days rest in between hair wash).
- Long dry hair may be washed every fourth day (Three days rest in between hair wash).