Every woman dreams of having healthy, long, strong, flowing hair. In some cultures, having long flowing hair is a requirement and can also be very symbolic. If you, like many other women, are looking for hair care tips, style and trends, you have come to the right place. Below is some must read advice on how to strengthen, cleanse and care for your hair and to ensure you are the envy of women everywhere.
Indian Hair Care Tips:
- First and foremost, make sure to try and always comb your hair as gently as possible. This will help to ensure less hair is broken and traumatized while brushing or combing.
- It is also very important to note that your hair is at its weakest point and most vulnerable when it is wet. It is important to try and brush your hair as little as possible when it is wet. This tip will help ensure your hair stays strong and will also prevent a lot of breakage and split ends.
- Braiding is a very important tip regarding Indian hair care. By braiding your hair, it will help to ensure your hair is protected from damage. Another great thing about braiding your hair, is it shows off the length of your hair, so others can truly admire it.
- If you are one of the many people who suffer from dry scalp and dandruff, you should be sure to try combining a mixture of plain yogurt with shredded coconut. Leave this combination in your hair for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash out with your regular shampoo. After a few treatments of this, your scalp will be more moist and you will find you no longer have a dry scalp and will no longer suffer from dandruff.
- To relax your scalp and hair, try massaging your entire scalp with a warm oil, then braid your hair and leave it to rest overnight. If your hair appears greasy in the morning you can follow this treatment up with a simple shampoo, but it is important to note, not all hair will appear greasy and most hair will appear more shiny and refreshed.
- Ban certain devices from your house such as: blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. These have been proven time and time again to further damage and destroy your hair. By using these items your hair will appear more brittle and will start to break off. When at all possible, try to let your hair dry as naturally as possible and avoid using outside sources and devices to dry your hair.
- Like almost everything other aspect of beauty, healthy Indian Hair will begin with your body and diet. If you want healthy hair, try to change your diet by adding a wide variety of leafy green vegetables and fresh fruit. Dairy products such as low fat yogurts and low fat mils will also help strength and nourish your hair. A great super food is fresh coconut, so try to use this whenever possible. Coconut oil has also been a great proven method of helping maintain and regain hair health. By massaging your hair with coconut oil, leaving it in for approximately ten to fifteen minutes, and then rinsing out, your hair will regain a new strength and vibrancy.