- Omega-3 fatty acids
Hair is primarily all protein (More than 80%). What we call hair is really a dead protein. Hair has been considered as a part of beauty for centuries in almost the entire society. The best option for a person to have attractive hair is to eat a balanced diet. The basic nutrition for healthy hair is same as healthy skin.
Male baldness is tied with testosterone levels during puberty. Avoiding high saturated fats and meats can slow down male baldness.
- B Vitamins (Specially Biotin), Silica, Calcium, Iron and Zinc, may prevent hair loss
- Vitamin A affects the health of the scalp.
- Water help hydrate scalp.
Health of hair is an indication of nutrients missing in our diet. The brittle hair indicates deficiency in Omega 3 fatty acids. It also causes dry skin and brittle nails.
People living in the coastal region have thick and shiny hair due to eating a lot of fish.
- Water: 8 Cups per day
- Fish (for Omega 3 acids), for vegetarians Flaxseeds, Walnuts, Pistachios
- Spinach (Iron and minerals)
- Low fat milk (Calcium)
- Raw oats, Potato skins, Cucumber skin, Moong sprouts (Silica)
- Hardboiled Eggs yolk (B Vitamins and proteins)